Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Abandoned at the "Beach"

Joe glanced up at me. He corners of his mouth twitched as he tried not to laugh.
"Hey."
I glared at him as I regained my footing. "Hey."
"So, how's it going over here?"
"Shut up." I reached out again to secure the corner of the net. "This is ridiculous."
"I'm not going to disagree with you." Joe folded his arms. "So, you're having a great day then?"
I climbed down. "I'm glad you find this so amusing."
This time he really did start laughing. "You've got to admit this is funny."
"Not so much." I plopped onto the floor. "I see no humor in this freaking situation! I'm not getting paid to sit here and blow up freaking beach balls."
"Well, I'm sure you'll get a nice bonus." Joe said. "Anyway, I was just passing by and wanted to say hi."
"Do you want to stay and help me finish?" I asked in a small voice. "Please? I'll love you forever and ever."
"You already do." Joe looked at his watch. "And I have a conference call at nine. Sorry babe." He bopped me on the head with his portfolio and left.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Hinda said...

"Not so much." I plopped onto the floor. "I see no humor in this freaking situation! I'm not getting paid to sit here and blow up freaking beach balls."

I actually hear you saying that!

XOXO

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger amyj said...

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!!(in real life)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home