Thursday, May 18, 2006

Further Death to Joe!

The day dragged on. I made several attempts to locate the Marina Restoration chairs, but of course no one answered their phones or responded to my emails. I finished the mailing. I did the ad. Things were starting to move along, and I was hopeful that I would make it home in time for Will and Grace. And then...an email from Joe:

I spoke with Rick at the Marina Restoration Project in my first attempt to reach themtoday and have arranged for them to meet with me and discuss their ideas and their event designer choices.

Please send me the final version of last month's prospectus. There is no longer a need for you to involve yourself in contacting MRP. Please concentrate your efforts on collecting all the relevant information so we can get moving on this once I have identified a designer.

I shrieked in anger and annoyance, forwarded the email to Lainie and Daniel, took a deep breath...and I was still angry. Lainie looked over at me uncertainly.
"Wow." She said.
"Two words." I shook my head. "Bite me."
"I hear you."
"Am I overreacting here? How much more obnoxious can he be?" I flopped back in my chair. Joe was waaay up on his high horse. All my respect for him had fled, leaving only anger and frustration. I felt like he had betrayed my trust by pretending to be a decent human being and really he was a jerk underneath all along. "I don't need this David Taylor Holier Than thou Better Than Everyone Else Syndrome from anyone else. Thanks, though."
"Let me guess," Ross leaned againt my desk. "Joe's email?"
(Because of course he had cc'd everyone)
"You're rational and calm." I said "Do YOU think this is ridiculously obnoxious?"
"It could have been more obnoxious," Ross pointed out.
I gave him a LOOK. It was late, I was tired, and I had missed walking around in the beautiful seventy degree weather. A slight turn of my head indicated that not only had I missed it, it was now pouring. All in all, a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home