Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Job Description

A lot of you are probably wondering what happened with David. I bring this up because Jax saw him in midtown yesterday. There has been a Devil Spawn sighting! It's funny because I have not seen him in FOREVER, but I realized this morning that we are both going to a wedding in a few weeks, and that should be very interesting. Anyway, like I said previously--David and I used to be really close.We were never best friends but I always felt like I could count on him. So then when I couldn't, it was like the ultimate betrayal.
"Ahem."
I jumped out of my chair. Ross stood behind me, arms folded.
"Yes?" I asked innocently.
"You seem to be lost in thought. Thinking about your meeting with Holden and Monica later, I assume?"
"Um, yes." I pointed to my notes on the CJFF dinner. "I spoke to Holden earlier and confirmed. They'll be here at three."
"Great." Ross wandered off, replaced by Joe, the associate as-associate director. He stood reading over my shoulder for a minute.
"Looks good."
"Thanks."
"You going out anytime soon?"
"Out?"
"Coffee?"
I was dying for a cup. "You want?"
"You're the best!" Joe gave me a disarming grin and wandered off. I sigh with slight irritation and got up.
"Anyone want anything?" I called to the open-plan office. Heads picked up everywhere.
"Diet Coke!"
"M and Ms!"
"Dr. Pepper!"
"Coffee!"
I sighed again, grabbed my purse, and headed out. I have the doorman a vicious glare. "I am NOT a secretary," I hissed.
"I know." He grinned. "Can you get me a cup of coffee?"
ARGH.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Rik said...

It's really good, i can't wait to find out what happens next.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe...HAHAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home