Thursday, December 29, 2005

"I'm not going in." I shrugged helplessly. "I do not want to see him."
"Are you kidding?" Eliana turned to face me. "You're going to let that thing decide if and when you can have sushi? Stand up for yourself!"
I shook my head. "You guys go ahead. Really. I'm nt even hungry."
"Babe." Eliana said firmly. "Stand up straight, march in there, and take a seat. And if he thinks that he can act like nothing is wrong, well, you'lljust set him straight."
I took a deep breath, squared my shoulders, and followed my friends inside. Our table was not far from David's, and his back was to us. I breathed a sigh of relief, and suddenly ravenous, I ordered 4 rolls of sushi.
Conversation was giggly and light around me as I alternated between watching my friends and staring at the back of David's head. You're probably wondering what happened. Like I said before, we were always just friends, and neither party wanted to change that, we never dated, etc. But-
"Hey." David had gotten up and was now pausing beside me. "How ya been?"
"If you really wanted to know, you should have called me." I said icily. David looked surprised, then looked at Jax. She shook her head at him. David leaned closer to me, "I know you're upset with me--we should talk."
"I am no longer willing to talk." I tried to keep my voice steady.
"I'll call you later." David turned to catch up with his friends. Tracey slung an arm around my shoulder. "That was great!" she whispered.
Deflated and depressed, I flagged the waiter down. I needed some chocolate cake. I had earned it.

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm still tryin to figure out who david is spposed to be......
insert evil cackle here-

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL Chaia. So hard to figure out...mwahaha.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

i think i know but it might not be for public discussion. dj can i let the cat outa the bag?

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo Big D, please update, for the following reasons
a)something good to read while i take my breaks from papers
b)i live vicariously thru it (haha)
c)it makes me think of you
d)i am too lazy/self concious to get chick lit from the library and too cheap to buy
e)i like making lists
f)its nice to know whats going on in the vreative part of ur head, since we know that the real reason you work so hard/often is bc your secretly planning to overthrow Rabbi Miller and other such diabolical ppl (i.e. kim Jung, most rulers in Arab countires. etc)
g) bc we love you and your work
h)this is a creative outlet that won't burn your fingers or make ur kitchen dirty

love and faith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home